BARNYARD MILLET DOSA - குதிரை வாலி தோசை
Raw rice - 1 Cup or Tumbler
Parboiled rice - 1 Cup or Tumbler
Barnyard millet - 2 Cups or 2 Tumbler
Poha - 1 handful
Urad dal - 1 Cup or Tumbler
Salt - As required
Water - As required
Method of preparation:
1) soak the urad dal in water for 2 hours
2) soak the barnyard millet, parboiled rice, raw rice, poha ( beaten rice or rice flake ), in water for 5 hours separately.
3)After 2 hours grind the urad dal into a smooth fluffy batter ( Add little water while grinding )
4) shift the batter into a large vessel.
5) After 5 hours grind the rice into smooth batter ( add little water at intervals while grinding )
6) Shift the rice batter to the urad dal batter and mix together, leave it to ferment for 12 hours. ( in winter season )
( 8 - 10 hours in summer season )
7) No need to add salt if you want to use it over three or four days.
8) Take desired amount of the batter in a vessel and add little water and salt to taste and mix gently.
9)Take a largest scoop of the better and pour onto the dosa pan.
10) Use the curvy bottom of the scoop to shape the batter into thin dosa.
11) Spread 1 or 2 teaspoon of oil or ghee overall on the batter and wait for the dosa to cook and change colour.
12) Remove the dosa when it is crispy as desired and serve hot with chutney, sambar or any dip of your choice.
Enjoy this tasty and healthy 😋 Recipe..!!!